Restoring Your Faith: Workbook for Adults Living with a Communication Disorder focuses on guiding families and clients through the initial steps following a traumatic event that impacts a person’s communication skills. The purpose of this faith-based book is to provide step-by-step guidance paired with helpful tips, scriptures, guided activities, and purposeful note taking sections while learning to adjust to a “new normal”.
Customers who have purchased this book include:
- Stroke survivors
- War Veterans
- Car accident survivors
- Head/Neck Cancer survivors
- Traumatic Brain injury survivors
- Individuals living with Parkinson’s disease
After reading or completing this workbook, you will be able to:
- keep track of healthcare providers and their roles.
- participate in guided activities targeting communication and family bonding.
- define terms commonly used to describe communication disorders.
- learn to communicate your families needs and questions to healthcare providers.
- have a clear direction on the next steps in recovery.
- feel encouraged and gain knowledge geared towards living a better quality of life.
The author and creator, Araine McWhinney, Speech-Language Pathologist, wrote this book to positively change the experience families go through following an unexpected, life altering event.